Grade III, Pronouns.


Learn with Hafiza Palwasha


Gohar English Grammar, Book 3.

Solution

Topic No. 8
Pronouns

DEFINITIONS AND EXAMPLES
Students are instructed to understand and learn definitions with examples for examination.

Pronouns:
       A word that is used instead of a noun is called a pronoun.




Examples of Pronouns:

PRONOUNS
Students are instructed to learn the pronouns from different books and from elders. Some sentences of using pronouns are given below for copy work and for examination.

SUBJECTIVE CASE
1.   Jameel is a boy. He is a pupil.
2.   My name is Tariq. I am healthy.
3.   I and my sister go to school. We are pupils.
4.   Anisa is my teacher. She goes to school.
5.   I have a dog. It is black.

POSSESSIVE CASE
1.   I have my doll.
2.   We have our football.
3.   You have your pen.
4.   He has his cap.
5.   She has her eraser.

OBJECTIVE CASE
1.   He is playing with me.
2.   They are playing with us.
3.   He is calling you.
4.   I am waiting for him.
5.   Dad is watching her attentively.

Exercise:
Complete the sentences with suitable pronouns.
1.   Naveed is my friend. He is a good friend.
2.   Shamsa is my teacher. She is an intelligent teacher.
3.   My friend lives in a village. We are happy.
4.   My name is Zareen. I am a teacher.
5.   Our house is big. We are rich.
6.   My uncles are farmers. They are healthy.
7.   You have ten cows. You are milkman.

Write the possessive case in front of each subjective case.
1.   He his
2.   We our
3.   She her
4.   It it
5.   You your
6.   They their
7.   I my

Comments